Credit to PissLUR on OzBargain for this one.
Disney+ is finally available in Turkey and much like some of the Netflix workarounds it is possible to get this for a significantly reduced price with a little bit of effort.
I have been trying this for a few days now without success and finally managed to get it to work last night.
My initial attempts came up with error messages like 'google pay purchases are not supported in your country' and even got a 'due to suspicious activity we have blocked your Disney account'.
If you read through the OzBargain post you will see a lot of different methods - VPN/No VPN, Phone/Computer.
The below is what worked for me. I did this twice with a years subscription and a month using both a Wise card and NZ credit card so can confirm it works.
Charge on Wise card for the year was $34.23 or $3.45 for the month on my Westpac Card. By comparison it is $129.99 for the year or $12.99 per month here.
Note the VPN is only required for setup it is not needed afterwards.
- Factory reset Android Phone
- VPN to access Turkey (I used Windscribe which you can get 10GB free per month)
- Credit Card - I have tested this with both a Wise card and my NZ Westpac Credit card
- Factory reset android phone (I had a spare Galaxy A10)
- Create new Google Account - name, DOB etc
- Choose Gmail address - skip the phone number
- Go to Play Store
- Download Windscribe (this is what I used but any VPN that can access Turkey should be fine)
- Turn on VPN and set it to Turkey (on Windscribe use Turkey-Istanbul-Ataturk which is free)
- Go back to Playstore - Payments & Subscriptions - Payment Methods - Add credit/debit card
- Change country to Turkey (as soon as I did this I had to repeat the payment process but it worked)
- Postal Code: 06010
- Download Disney Plus from Playstore - still had VPN on so it was slow even though file was only 18MB
- Once downloaded turn off VPN
- Open Disney App and choose sign up now
- Should see prices in TRY - 34.99/month or 349.90/year
- Enter email, password
- You should now be able to complete signup.
- Disney+ can be watched on your other devices without the need for VPN going forward.