Contact Energy is wiping the energy charges for three monthly bills in a row for 1,000 Contact customers with a baby born from 1 February. This applies to both estimated and actual usage bills as invoiced at the time and excludes bottled gas & broadband charges
Applications open 1 February 2023
Who can apply?
- Fourth Trimester is available to residential Contact customers who have a baby born from 1 February 2023.
- You can apply anytime from 1 February 2023.
- You’ll need to provide relevant documentation, such as your hospital discharge notice and an email address.
- You need to be on a monthly billing cycle. Fourth Trimester is not available with certain billing and account types.
- Fourth Trimester is limited to 1,000 customers and will be given on a first in, first served basis.
- Please note, if you move house or leave Contact during the Fourth Trimester it won’t apply from the date that occurs.
Important things to know
- Fourth Trimester is a plan add-on available to Contact customers who have a newborn in the primary household. It is limited to one offer per newborn and per household.
- Customers who received the Fourth Trimester cannot receive another one within 12 months of this one ending.
- You can apply from 1 February 2023 onwards for babies born from that date.
- You’ll need to provide documentation to prove that there is a newborn in the household. For a full list of accepted documentation, please check out the FAQs.
- Fourth Trimester is limited to 1,000 customers and will be allocated on a first in, first served basis.
- The Fourth Trimester provides around three months of free energy and energy related service fees to eligible customers in the form of bill credits taking the relevant charges to zero for three consecutive full monthly bills after acceptance and does not include broadband, bottled LPG or outstanding debt.
- If you leave or move house, the Fourth Trimester will end and no credit will be given for any remaining period.
- This will apply to both estimated and actual bills and no credit will be given for any estimated read which is subsequently adjusted.
- Because the free energy will be based off your standard billing cycle, you may receive more or less than 90 days’ worth of free energy. Where you receive less than 90 days, we will apply a further credit on your bill following the end of the Fourth Trimester which will be based on your average daily usage.
- It’s available at the customers primary residence where the newborn baby is residing in.
- Not available to PrePay, ControlPay, SmoothPay, weekly or fortnightly billing, collective or multisite billing customers.