Kia Ora Cheapies,
Lately I’ve thinking of reducing my working hours and trade off for quality time with my young twins.
Sick of this working hard 40-50 hours and pay higher costs of living.
So now wanna do as less as possible but save as much as possible on basics like power, gas, food, net etc etc.
I would love to experiment it for 2 months during summer and see how it goes.
Any suggestions please??
Sorry to add at the last, the situation is tough as I’ve lost my job but have decent savings to go on for a year. Also I’m helping a friend driving his van for around 20 hours to not to eat all my savings.
- I’ve already got a boarder to save rent.
- Using Kogan $5 plans for me and mrs as a second sim for data
- Driving as less as possible and using waitomo discounts.
- Thanks to fellow cheapies bought disney+ for a month for kids now waiting for flybuys for fuel discount.
- Power night rates with contact (not sure if I should stick to them)
- Going vegan but being vegan isn’t that cheap. To make it easier growing veggies in backyard (looking for food discounts)
- Using Caltex for gas bottle ($23/8kg)
- Buying bulk toiletries from 1day when they’re on sale.
9 using YouTube premium via Argentina VPN only paying $1.75.
- Sharing a friend’s Netflix, although don’t watch much.
Not worried about loosing work but rather taking it positively to try life through a new lens.