If you don't yet have a Coinbase account, the best way to sign up currently is through Topcashback: you'll get £50 when you sign up and make your first trade of any amount (no minimum). This is an infinitely better offer than using a Coinbase referral link to sign up - these require a £75 trade and you'd only get £7.50.
If you use a random referral link for Topcashback below, you get an extra £5 for earning £10 in cash back which you easily get through the Coinbase deal.
(If you don't see a red banner saying "You have been referred by "so and so's Tell-a-Friend link " the referral link wasn't a valid one).
In addition, once you've signed up to Coinbase, you can earn up to another $36USD (that's how much free crypto I have been rewarded for doing all the quizzes) for free just by doing some quizzes on Coinbase Earn, no spend needed. There's even a megathread with answers here:
- Sign up to Topcashback.co.uk if you haven't already. Remember to use a random referral link below for the extra £5.
- Switch off any ad blockers and tracking protection in your browser. I prefer to use another browser that I don't use such as Edge instead of disabling adblockers.
- On Topcashback, search for Coinbase
- Click Get Cashback Now, sign up for a Coinbase account, and verify your identity through their KYC process. Then make your first trade of any amount (minimum set by Coinbase is £2). To make sure your purchase tracks properly, do not sign out of Coinbase until you've traded.
- Your purchase should track within 1-2 days, and it should then become payable (meaning they will pay out the £50) within several weeks. If your purchase doesn't track within a few days, do make sure to contact Topcashback support.
- Once your Coinbase purchase becomes payable, you can withdraw your cashback to your bank account or Paypal, for free.
Some people are having issues with Coinbase locking their accounts for review randomly. Although I haven't had issues so far with them and it seems some of the complaints are due to user error, I suggest you only do the minimum amount trade required to fulfill the first trade requirement to get the cashback and the coinbase earn quizzes. If you want to get into crypto with large amounts of money you can use Binance, Swyftx, EasyCrypto, Independent reserve and move them to a hardware wallet or at least a software wallet like Exodus. If you want the lowest transaction fees to move your Coinbase earn crypto off Coinbase and your initial trade amount you can convert them to Tron (TRX) or Ripple (XRP) to send to another exchange.