Has anyone done a return to Amazon AU? How was the experience?
I am provided with return packing slip and Invoice to give to DHL by Amazon. They said I have to pay for the postage (from Auckland) to their warehouse in AU. Normal quote I got is $112 for a keyboard(defective) worth $130, which is ridiculous. I haven't been to DHL as it's far so once I know everything will go there. The email with return packing slip says, they will pay for postage upto $16 and not what the actual cost would be. So I don't want to pay something high and not get it back. I did call them again and they said they will pay the postage once I provide the receipt, but don't want to get burned if they don't.
- Please remove or cover any previous tracking labels or hazardous materials markings on your box.
- Print the Return Authorization Slip and place it inside your package. Print the commercial invoice (2 copies) and the return shipping label (2 copies) to hand them to the DHL Express agent when you drop off the package.
- Take this package to a DHL Express location and pay for postage (We'll refund up to $16.00 in return postage costs once we receive the item)
- To find your closest DHL location, go to the DHL Drop-off Locator or visit locator.dhl.com.
- To ensure safe transportation, the battery must be returned inside the product.
Crazy how much DHL is charging for this!! I've returned with Amazon before they will refund the cost of the shipping, make sure you keep the receipt and other paperwork from DHL, you will just need to reach out to their CS team.
For certain items, we require you to pay to return your item using DHL. If you return a defective, damaged, or incorrect item, Amazon will automatically refund $16 AUD for return postage costs on receipt of the item. If your return shipping cost exceeds the value of the automatic refund issued by Amazon, you can contact us to request a refund of the remaining shipping cost and provide evidence to us to substantiate the reasonable costs incurred for which you will be reimbursed. If your item was not a fault of Amazon’s you will only receive the refund for your item.