If you have a local library membership, you can access hundreds of electronic magazines for free via the library portal to Zinio. These magazines can be downloaded for free onto your devices to read offline.
Titles include (just to name a few):
- Automotive - BBC Top Gear, EVO, NZ Performance Car
- Business & Finance - Asiaweek, Forbes, NZ Business and Marketing
- Computers & Technology - National Geographic, Linux & Open Source Genius Guide, Macworld
- Food & Drink - Dish, Donna Hay, ABC Delicious, Gourmet Traveller
- Men - Esquire, GQ, Men's Health
- Womens - Marie Claire, Womens Weekly, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Harper's Bazaar
- Home & Garden NZ House & Garden, Organic NZ, Vogue Living
- Travel - NZ Today, Britain, National Geographic traveller, Lonely planet traveller
I haven't checked every library collection in the list below but it should be similar.
Here are links to some libraries that offer the e-mags.
- Auckland Council - instructions
- Wellington City Libraries - instructions
- Hamilton City Libraries - instructions
- Christchurch City Libraries - instructions
- Dunedin Public Libraries - instructions
Library membership is usually free and you will need an online login to access the portal. You may need one library online account and also an account for the Zinio rbdigital gateway - see instructions for specific libraries.
You have to check out each individual issue (latest + back issues), but you can subscribe to notifications when so that you get an email when a new issue is out.
Great deal. I often use this for flights. There is a Zinio for libraries app which works well as long as you remember to download all the mags before the flight. Unsurprisingly, the selection at NZ libraries offer more NZ mags whereas AU libraries do more for AU mags. Probably the same in the US and other countries.