Using sandbags during a flood crisis, such as in vulnerable doorways, drains and other openings, will help prevent flood water entering buildings for a short period
Note: Sandbag supplies are limited and people must only take what they need.
Sandbagging stations can be found at:
- Windsor Park Baptist Church, 540 East Coast Road Mairangi Bay 0630
- Glover Park, Glover Road, St Heliers 1071
- 13-15 Westgate Drive, Westgate 0614
These places will be open from 8am to 8pm (or while stocks last) on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 February.
How to make your own sandbags:
- Scoop 15kg of sand into a sack
- Fill bags halfway to give the sand room to expand as it absorbs water
- Tie the bag closed
- Use sand or heavy soil for homemade sandbags
Anyone know where in Northland we can get free sandbags as the storm isn't just going to hit Auckland? Thanks.