Credit to the folks over as OzBargain who figured this one out. Easy way to save $100+ a year depending on your plan.
See original write up here
Basically the idea is to sign into Netflix from a VPN server in Argentina to access their pricing structure. VPN is only required to setup the billing, Netflix will work as normal without it.
Windscribe was the only VPN that worked for me and had servers in Argentina.
Existing subscribers need cancel & wait until their plan expires.
Pricing using Argentina as billing location:
- Basic: 199 ARS (Currently equates to ~$4.20 NZD/month)
- Standard: 319 ARS (Currently equates to ~$6.70 NZD/month)
- Ultra: 449ARS (Currently equates to ~$9.50 NZD/month)
Savings of ~$90-$150/year depending on plan.
For New Subscribers:
- Sign up for Windscribe VPN
- Sign into your account on the website. Access the chatbox by clicking the green icon on the bottom right. Ask the chatbot for a pro trial, accept any prompts.
- Once the pro trial is confirmed, download & install the software (they support both MacOS & Windows)
- Sign into the app & connect to one of the Argentina servers
- Go to Netflix and sign up for a new account.
- Go through and select the package that you would like, make sure the prices are in ARS (Argentinian pesos)
- Continue through and sign-up
- Turn off/uninstall the Windscribe, Netflix will continue to bill in ARS.
For Existing Subscribers:
- Cancel your Netflix subscription. It will expire at the end of the billing period.
- When the billing expires, complete steps 1-4 above (i.e Setup Windscribe)
- Login to your Netflix account and click 'reactivate your subscription'
- Follow steps 6-8 as above