So I saw a post in the Forums here about getting youtube premium and thought I've seen a very nice deal about this a while back on OzBargain but it never made it to the deals section on Cheapies.
Since this might help a few people here who might want to use this, I might as well post it here instead of replying on the forums.
Theres a post in the classified section if there are people who want to share a family plan to split costs:
VPN could be obtained for free through such places like:
Youtube Premium is $2.80NZD Per Month
Family Plan (can have up to 6 People) is ~$4.10NZD Per Month
Youtube Premium will give you access to -
• Ad-free videos: Watch videos without interruptions
• Save offline: Save videos and songs on your mobile device to watch offline
• Background play: Keep videos or music playing when using other apps or when your screen’s off
• Audio mode: Listen to audio only on the YouTube Music app
• Google Play Music Subscription (when available in your country) is included at no additional cost
1. Connect a VPN to the server India
2. Click on Paid Memberships(youtube.com), then click on Learn more.
Enter Indian address and pay by credit card.
Termination takes place under this link(music.youtube.com)
Example of a India Address :
Address line : My Place
Town/City : Mumbai
Postcode : 400070
State : Maharashtra
More details from original post through Ozbargain:
The comments there might help you out if you run into any issues.
If I subscribe do I need to use VPN everytime I use youtube?